- Spelling quiz is covered this week. I told the students they all get 10 out of 10 this week. Merry Christmas. 🙂 They were pleased.
- The multiplication quiz I have revised and have been taking students one by one to assess. If your child needs some more practice in this area of math I will send home a note in their agenda.
- Today we have our first carol sing, period 6!
- Have a wonderful weekend!
Love this snow!! Hope you do too.
- Today we will begin to talk about our speeches. Students will be taking some notes in their Language journals in regards to speeches and will begin to brainstorm an idea for their speech.
- Today we will start our Matter unit for science.
- Please continue to practice multiplication at home. There are 2 problems to complete in their agendas for tomorrow.
- Tomorrow is library, please bring books back for exchange.
- Movie reviews due tomorrow. We have one last period today to finish them up.
- Math quiz tomorrow on multiplying whole and decimal numbers by 10, 100, 1000.
- Math multiplication quiz on Thursday. 2 digit by 2 digit and 3 digit by 2 digit for some students.
- Primary concert is on Wednesday we get to watch during the day at 11:20.
- Consider donating to the food drive. Thanks so much for the food that has already been brought in!
- Just a reminder we play outside quite a bit, make sure students have appropriate outdoor clothing. Indoor shoes will be coming home over the holidays. Please take this opportunity to check sizes. At this age, they grow quick! Each student needs indoor shoes for gym. Please make sure your child has a pair as we start the new year. Thank you!
I have enjoyed the Prime Minister projects that have already been presented. Every year I get to learn new things about our great history here in Canada. We will continue with presentations tomorrow.
- Movie reviews are due on Tuesday. We have our 3rd period today to work on them. Some work may need to be done at home.
- Multiplication homework page due on Monday. Again, have a look at the math tab if any assistance is needed.
- Math homework page – due Monday
- Movie reviews work period – due December 12th.
- Math – continuing to practice 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication. There will be quiz on multiplication on December 14th. We will also review multiplying and dividing decimal and whole numbers by 10, 100, 1000. There is a quiz on this concept on December 12th.
- The CCI Jazz band is performing today!
- Sand Castle presentation tomorrow.
- Nutcracker presentation on Thursday.
- Make sure you are prepared to present your Prime Minister project on Wednesday. Think about using eye contact, having a strong voice that we can all hear, interacting with your audience to keep their attention and knowing your slides well.
- New spelling words in the agenda. Focus is synonyms.
- Prime Minister slides due tomorrow and presentations begin on Wednesday.
- This week we will be writing our own movie reviews using the chrome books. Remember you can enjoy seeing how your student is doing on their work by having them show you their Google drive.
- We will be preparing a kindness bomb for Miss Gill’s class this week. This is to help us understand the “it is better to give then receive” philosophy.
December!!!! Wow, time flies when your having fun. 🙂
Today we will have fun at school watching the BFG, playing chess with Mr. Plater’s class, having music and doing our buddy duties with Mrs. Kutcy’s class. Over the weekend keep in mind that your Prime Minister slides are due on Tuesday. We have 1 period left on Monday to work on them. Enjoy the sunshine this weekend! Hopefully we see a lot of the sun.
We are moving in more now for our gym periods. We have a shoe problem. In order to play safe in the gym students need to have indoor running shoes. Please check with your child on the status of their shoes. We had at least 5 students with no indoor shoes yesterday. I gave them a warning and reminded them to please bring a pair of indoor running shoes. Smashed toes are no fun! Thank you for your help with this!
- Reminder that Prime Minister Biographies are due December 5th and we will start presenting on December 6th. Students should practice their presentations before doing them at school. It will be used an an oral mark.
- We will be doing multiplication of 2 and 3 digit numbers in math. This type of math just needs practice and review of times table facts. We have been reviewing at school, please consider reviewing at home. There will be a small amount of math homework coming home up until Christmas just practicing these concepts. Thank you for your support in this.